2022 Fighting for Justice Scholarship
The attorneys at the Barbieri Law Firm, P.C., believe sincerely in fighting for justice for all. Justice is a core value of democracy, yet injustice exists widely and affects many, even in democratic systems. Throughout time people have stood up to oppression and fought together to overcome and change those systems. Some of the biggest injustices we face today are racial injustice, voting rights, gender inequality, the dignity of human life, climate justice, and food insecurity. Unfortunately, the list goes on. The reality of these injustices is harsh and heartbreaking. However, we have seen that when people come together to fight against injustice, systems are forced to change and right their wrongs. When an injustice is corrected, the lives of the affected can improve a community and even the world.
People must continue to fight against injustice to ensure all beings are treated fairly and improve our communities. That is why we have created the Fighting for Justice Scholarship, to give back to students who share our beliefs and fight to preserve democracy. For this scholarship, we ask that students write an essay discussing what “Fighting for Justice” means and demonstrate how you have fought for justice.
The deadline to submit your application is October 31, 2022. To learn more about how to apply, continue reading below.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, vocational student, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Students must be enrolled in a vocational program or two to a five-year post-secondary institution for the upcoming academic semester.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and good overall academic standing.
- Employees of Barbieri Law Firm, P.C., their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1,000 word essay response to the prompt: what does “Fighting for Justice” mean to you and how have you fought for justice?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
Barbieri Law Firm will choose the Fighting for Justice Scholarship recipient during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to barbierilawfirmTX@gmail.com by October 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Students should send scholarship applications with the subject line “Barbieri Law Firm – 2022 Fighting for Justice Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to barbierilawfirmTX@gmail.com as well.